Englisch Trainerin aus Irland in Wien
Having spent the last 15 years teaching English in the Czech Republic, China, Georgia, Turkey and Spain, I moved to Vienna in July 2018.
Prior to teaching, I worked in hotels, office administration and customer service. I also successfully passed the first two year of the accountancy examination and more recently completed a Masters in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) through Sheffield Hallam University. With my varied background I have a good understanding of Business English and enjoy engaging with my students and on many an occasion learning along with them. I have also taught exam preparation courses for Cambridge, IELTS and TOEFL.
My Philosophy of Teaching - Erika Anna Schiller
My teaching philosophy has evolved from over 20 years of teaching and a lifetime of learning!
My basic teaching philosophy is that learning should be fun and relevant, both the students and the teacher should enjoy the class. This can be achieved by using authentic materials, role play and even games, it is always good to laugh in general, but I it is really good to laugh in class, as we are more relaxed and open to ideas.
ERIKA ANNA SCHILLER - CURRICULUM VITAE
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 2015 Masters in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, United Kingdom.
- Modules included: English for Academic Purposes Theory and Practice, Classroom observation, Reflection on Practice and a Research Dissertation: Title “Washback: an attempt to measure the impact of reading test preparation.” Passed with Merit
- TEFL Cert. Feb/Mar 2003 RELSA TEFL Certificate
College North Mon Language Institute, Cork B - Pass
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 1990 Diploma in Hotel Management DIT (equivalent to 3 yr Bachelors Degree)
- 1990 Diploma in Business Studies NCEA (equivalent to 3 yr Bachelors Degree).
College: Dublin Institute of Technology, College of Catering, Cathal Brugha St (1987-1990)
- Cambridge Speaking Examiner for KET, PET, FCE and CAE, Starters, Movers and Flyers
- IELTS Speaking Examiner
- Copy Editing and Proof-reading of novels, reports, essays and travel brochures.
- • Excellent English Education Ltd, Apt. 64, Building 4, Micro Region 12, 3700 Rustavi, Georgia
- Sept 2017 – present date
- English Language Teacher, Editor and Director Providing tailor-made English Language Courses to individuals and groups both at my own address and in-company, Classes include interview preparation, Exam preparation, Business and General English. Editing reports, brochures and documents.
- • Academia Britanica, International House Cordoba, Calle
- Sept 2016 – June 2017:English Language Teacher to all ages, from 5 yr olds to adults, Levels A2 to C2 including exam preparation courses.
- • Bilkent University School of English Language, Ankara, Turkey
- August 2015 – August 2016: English language Instructor – Upper intermediate and Pre- Faculty level intensive Academic English courses (18-20 yr olds) Other duties included Extra Grammar Tutorials, materials design, grading examinations and other administration duties as required
- • International House Tbilisi, 2, 26th May Square 0171 Georgia
- Sept 2007 – Jun 2015: TEFL Teacher to Adults and Teenagers (12-16 yr olds) including IELTS, TOEFL IBT, FCE, CAE, SAT, Business and General English Courses (levels A1-C2) and ESP courses.
- Placement testing, leading occasional Teacher Training sessions, Leading occasional speaking practice classes, designing ESP classes for on or off-site company classes, marking and assessment of mid and end of course tests.
- • Yang En University, Quanzhou, Fujian Province
- Sept 2005 - Jun 2007: Spoken English Language Teacher to 1st Year Students.
- • Brno English Centre, Starobrněnská 16/18, Brno
- Sept 2003 - June 2005: TEFL Teacher. Teaching Adults (levels A1-C2), from pre-intermediate to Advanced, including Cambridge Exams PET, FCE, CAE and Business English classes.
- • Sherborne International Summer School, Newall Grange
- Jul 2013 – Jul 2013, Jul 2014 – Aug 2014
- Jul 2015 – Aug 2015, Jul 2017 – Aug 2017: ETEFL Teacher to 10-16 year olds – from A2-B2 level.
- • Summer Boarding Courses Ltd, Suite 2, 10 Towngate, Guiseley
- Jun 2010 – Aug 2010: TEFL Teacher and activities leader to 8-15 year olds in Dean Close International Summer School, Landsdown Road, Cheltenham
- • International House Summer School Ardingly College
- June 2008 – July 2008, June 2007 – August 2007, July 2006 – August 2006: TEFL Teacher, Excursion Manager and Activity Leader 8 – 14 year olds in Ardingly College Summer school.
- • Torbay Language Centre, Conway road, Paignton Devon, United Kingdom
- July 2004 – August 2004, July 2003 – August 2003: TEFL Teacher, activity leader and Houseparent of 8-16 year olds, in Kelly College Residential Summer School, Tavistock, Devon.
My teaching Foto Gallery
Erika Anna Schiller: "Learning should be fun and relevant, both the students and the teacher should enjoy the class."
As Albert Einstein once said, "Learning is an experience. Everything else is just information."