Englisch Trainer aus Großbritannien in Wien
James Mowlam is a truly British native English speaker and a professional business English trainer
with a CELTA (Certificate in English language teaching to adults) and masses of teaching and
commercial experience. A fine graduate, James worked for 15 years as an auctioneer and valuer at a
major London auction house. He has been teaching here in Vienna since 2005 and even though there
is not yet a single fish and chip shop in the city he is proud to call at his home.
James’ bespoke lessons and seminars focus on communication rather than linguistic perfection. He matches grammar and vocabulary to the business English training that his students really need. He inspires them to want to get out there and say what they have to say in English.
JAMES MOWLAM - CURRICULUM VITAE
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Cambridge University (BFI Wien)
- Winchester School of Art (extended studies in Italy, Russia and Spain)
- A committed and qualified ESL/Business English trainer from a successful business background. An excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills capable of providing creative and dynamic training within a motivating learning environment.
- • Freelance Business English Trainer
- November 2005 - to date.
- Provide different companies and institutions with training to improve business communication skills in English
- Concentrate on the topics that are required for the modern business world; social English, cross cultural communication, telephoning, email and letter writing, presentations, meetings, negotiations, team building, grammar and specific vocabulary and phrases relating to individual industries
- Tailor skills and material to meet the client’s needs
- Develop, conduct and lead seminars, weekly classes and one to one training
- Train at all levels of ability
- Work as a subcontracted trainer and consultant for established language schools based in Vienna: Berlitz, Callagy - English for Executives and Talkshop (clients include UNO, OMV, Verbund, Unicredit Bank Austria, Raiffeisen, Erste Bank, EPAMEDIA and many others)
- Client List: Stadt Wien (Verwaltungsakademie, MA 48, MA 62, MA 35, MA 20, Wien Kanal), Erste Bank, Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien, Eoos design, Jung von Matt, Lansky Ganzger and Partner. Wiener Börse AG, Wiener Wohnen, Wohnservice Wien, ACP Holding GmbH, Ambassade de France en Autriche, Arbeiterkammer Wien, ÖGB, Your Office – Managed Business Services GmbH, Pädagogische Hochschule Wien, Private Pädagogische Hochschule der Diözese Linz, Pädagogische Hochschule Salzburg.
- • Phillips / Bonhams, 101 New Bond Street, London W1
- July 2001 – July 2005: Valuer, Valuations Department
- Responsible for consigning goods for an ever-expanding programme of sales to meet annual financial targets set for the department
- Generate and develop new business
- Prepare written valuations for the purposes of insurance, pre-sale inspection, probate, willing buyer willing seller and family division
- Work with specialist departments whilst valuing and researching specific items or collections
- Provide clients with documents containing full catalogue descriptions and digital images of their assets
- Produce insurance valuations for major legal and military institutions, livery companies and both private and corporate clients throughout London and the South East
- Liase with fiduciary clients for probate valuations on a professional level whilst maintaining a degree of sensitivity when dealing with relatives and associates of the deceased and arranged for the saleable chattels from an estate to be auctioned
- • Phillips Auctioneers, 10 Salem Road, London W2
- January 2000 – July 2001: General Valuer, Valuations Department
- Similar responsibilities to position at New Bond Street, with a greater emphasis towards goods getting to meet annual turnover targets - consigned a selection of items from an important collection of 18th Century English furniture
- • Phillips Bayswater
- January 1996 - December 1999: Furniture Department Manager, Valuer and Auctioneer
- Responsible for the largest department within Phillips Bayswater with an annual turnover of £2.5 million
- Auction weekly sales to meet targets
- Manage a team of seven people
- Co-ordinate weekly sales of approximately 300-400 lots of Georgian, Victorian and later furniture to strict deadlines
- Prepare valuations for sale, probate and insurance, dealing with private and professional clients
- • Phillips Sherborne, Dorset
- 1991- 1995: Cataloguer / Valuer / Auctioneer
- Manage monthly sales of furniture, paintings and works of art
I have my own English training YouTube Channel (English at Trumpbottom Manor) I also maintain a healthy interest in all aspects of the arts and enjoy hiking and archery.
Download my Curriculum Vitae: